Tips For Growing A Successful Business
Creating and growing a successful business is not easy, especially in the current economic circumstances, but it is not ‘rocket science’ either, as long as you bear in mind some of the most tried and tested principles of business – and practise them on a daily basis.
I believe that discipline is as important in business as it is in sport, for example. And we all noticed at last year’s Olympics as well as most recently, at Wimbledon, how it pays off for those most dedicated to achieving their goals.
Many of us at Plutus Wealth are keen sportsmen and women. We find that applying focus, commitment and energy, and aiming for excellence gets results in both sports and business.
We have some simple and straighforward guidelines that we always work to, which I would like to share with you:
- Unbeatable customer service. You can’t underestimate the value of not just delivering what you said you would, but also going the extra mile whenever possible. Clients really appreciate it and it is the cornerstone of a long-lasting relationship. Satisfied customers are your best advocates, as they will tell others how good you are – ensuring a steady stream of new business.
- Be approachable and friendly. You want your clients to feel that they can contact you with queries or for more information. If they don’t, they may well go somewhere else.
- Stay close to your clients too. Keep in touch regularly, so that if their circumstances change, you will be ready to help them further.
- Demonstrate genuine knowledge and expertise. Keep learning about your industry, your clients and anything else relevant to doing a great job. In other words, ensure that you are always at the ‘top of your game.’ Clients like to feel that they are in the hands of real experts.
- 'One size fits all' is rarely the solution. Always tailor your services to each individual client’s needs. No one likes to feel that they are just another number.
- Be proactive. Taking speedy action to meet client needs shows that they are at the top of your priority list and that you are thinking about them. This does not mean taking any shortcuts though. Never sacrifice quality, thoroughness and attention to detail for getting the job done quickly.
- Honesty, integrity and professionalism are key. Clients welcome clear and open communications and an ethical approach to business.
- Be the best in your field. The top performers in any business sector will always be more sought after. Clients also like to feel that they have chosen well in selecting the right supplier for their requirements, whether it is a product or service.
- Promote your business regularly and consistently. If no one hears about it, they are not going to know that you exist, no matter how good you are.
- Remember that teamwork and collaboration are key to success. Work productively and constructively with your team – they are not just your colleagues and employees, but also your suppliers and trusted contacts.
Plutus Wealth Management was founded less than five years ago, yet has already won or been shortlisted for 15 awards. Georgina Partridge is one of the firm’s founders and partners and has more than ten years’ experience of financial planning. Georgina was made a partner in her previous firm within only two years of qualifying.
Plutus Wealth continues to grow and has recently recruited another adviser, bringing the team to a total of eleven.